Thursday, October 4, 2012

Check for Cheddar

Quick little update. I successfully crossed off a bucket list item and raised $200 for a great cause.

September 30th I ran the CIBC 5k Run for the Cure. I have been wanting to challenge myself for almost 3 years now to enter and complete a 5k race. What better cause than for breast cancer? It is near and dear to my heart as one of my Grandmothers is a survivor.

I did some training, probably not as much as I should have but my goal was small, run the whole race. I didn't care about time (cause it wasn't really a race in the competitive sense). Not only did I run the whole thing, I did it in under 30 minutes. I could not have done it of course without the love and support of my fabulous friends, family and G Man. My small fundraiser goal of $150 was also surpassed and raised $200. Thanks so much for everyone who donated, not only to me, but to the cause.

For my strong surviving Grandma! xo
G Man is very supportive! He's a keeper.

The running crew post run.


No comments:

Post a Comment