Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cinco de Mayo Celebrations

May 5th all over North America and I'm sure other places, people celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Our little household celebrated the glorious day with fresh food. We had an array of fresh salsa and dips and a delicious vegan enchilada recipe. I found this recipe from the Oh She Glows website, and I love meat, but let me tell you, it was AMAZING!



Mine don't look nearly as pleasing as the ones on the website, but I highly recommend them!









A meal this good has to be washed down with some festive drinks of course. We decided to make and enjoy some frozen beverages. I'm not exactly sure Cinco de Mayo is celebrated for, but I'm not one to turn down a drink! Margaritas would have been the more obvious choice but with no tequila on hand, only rum, we made do with Pina Coladas! mmmm


Note: Beware the sugar hangovers that are bound to follow after drinking these all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment