Monday, August 8, 2011

My Three B's of Summer

I think most people can agree that summer is one of the best seasons thanks to the warm sunshine and time for outside fun. There are many things in particular that really mean summer to me and it just to happens that they start with B! So here's a little adult themed Sesame Street ode to summer.

My perfect summer just happens to include beach, beer and barbecue, in that order. (And if you're lucky you have 4 B's with boat!) If you don't drink you could replace the beer with beverage of course...but this is my perfect summer and it includes alcohol!

I've said this before that I'm lucky enough to live 20 minutes from a lake and the the beach. It helps too that I happen to work back in the little tourist town. I wouldn't consider myself a beach bum but when the sun is shining is there anything better than relaxing in the sand? You can work on your tan, play some volleyball, frisbee or football, catch up on your reading, or play in the water. Whatever you're into the beach is the place to be during summer.


This was taken last summer during my travels in Indonesia. Note to self. Biking in the sand is not one of the best beach activities. I don't recommend it. Doesn't really work.

The only thing that makes it better is when there is my second "B" in hand, an ice cold beer. A very satisfying sound is the crack of a can or bottle of beer. Summer wouldn't really be summer without drinks. There's something about the hot weather that makes me want to cool down with a beer or other beverage of choice. Of course you're not really suppose to drink on public beaches but there are sneaky ways around that. That's what plastic cups are made for.




Or if you're a rebel like me, you just do it in the open anyway. I do what I want.




And of course when you want to be outside as much as possible, what better way than with barbecuing your favourite treats. The beauty of it is you really can grill just about anything. Meat, veggies, fruit, pizza! I have to say making homemade grilled pizzas is a new obsession of mine. They are just so good! The crust is thin and crispy just how I like it.







If I remember correctly, this pizza had prociutto, onions, portabello mushrooms, and arugula with mozzarella cheese. The BBQ charcoal effect just made it that much more tastier. Yummy...

The absolute best is when you are able to combine all three B's to create a tri-fecta of the perfect summer. These are just a few of my favourite things about summer. You may have your own combination of letters or summer fun activities. For example maybe you're perfect summer is of P's (pool, patio and pina colada). That one sounds pretty good actually. That would be a close second for me. Or of C's (camping, coronas and canoeing). Whichever you're perfect summer includes I hope you're having it!



But of course, you're not restricted to only combine summer activities that have the same letter. That would make for some very strange activities I'm sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment