Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Grade 1's make me smile...and make me sick

We all know kids say the darndest things. I mean, there was a whole show dedicated to this. Being in a grade 1 classroom for my second placement is a breath of fresh air with me trying to suppress laughter all day long. The things they say just make me smile. They just say what's on their mind. Not only are they not afraid to say what's on their minds, they are not scared to fart at any given moment. Of course everyone giggles, including me.
And of course we all know kids are incubators of germs. I started February 4th have been sick basically the entire time. It could have something to do with the fact that they are always sticking their fingers in their mouths or sneezing all over stuff. I really wish I could have invented ColdFX...I'd be rolling in it by now.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Kid: "Miss, is it okay if I fall asleep?"
Teacher: "No. Why do you want to sleep?"
Kid: "Cause I'm tired.
Teacher: "Would it be okay if I went to sleep?"
Second Kid: "Yeah! We should all go to sleep!"
--------------------------------------------------------------
Student: "Miss....have you ever done a drug?"
Me: "What do you mean?"
Student: "Well, a drug is like a cigarette, beer, or a smoke."
Me: "No, not me. (lie) Have you?"
Student: "Once. Someone gave me some and I got really sick and almost died."
Me: "Drugs are bad."
Student: "Yeah..."
--------------------------------------------------------------
Student: "Miss...how old are you?"
Me: "Twenty-five" (cringing on the inside). "Soon I'll be 26."
Student: "My mom's older than you. She's 26."
Damn.......
There is also a student that can't speak properly. I'm not sure exactly what the issue is but how he spells reflects upon how he speaks.
Long=wong
Block=bwock
Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against speech impediments. A little known fact about me is that I took speech therapy when I was younger. I apparently couldn't pronounce my sssssss.
Look at me now...Sally sells seashells by the seashore. (I really wish you could hear me to appreciate the beauty of it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment