Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Give it up

Lent. Ash Wednesday. I'm not Catholic nor am I religious in any way. I like to consider myself more spiritual than anything. But, as most attempt to give up something for 40 days and 40 nights at this time of year, I am following suit. I just hope this goes better than my New Year's resolutions. Those quickly were tossed to the side a day after making them.



What I am self denying during this time is fast food. That's right, no McDonalds, no Wendys, no Harveys, no Burger King, no Taco Bell, etc. They will just have to learn to live without my money.

But I did learn something new yesterday. Shrove Tuesday, or Pancake Tuesday, or Fat Tuesday is special because you are allowed and encouraged to stuff your face with paczis (sp?). From what I understand they are jelly filled doughnuts but better than the regular kind because they are fatter. Who knew? I didn't partake in this jelly-filled heaven because I'm not a fan of regular sized ones so I assumed I also wouldn't enjoy the fatter version.

So I wish you all well on your journey of self denial and hope you don't kill anyone in the crossfire.


Hands off!

No comments:

Post a Comment