Saturday, November 12, 2011

Freaky Friday

As a server in a restaurant that serves alcohol and is located in a small town, and is walking distance for those without vehicles or licenses, I have the pleasure of talking daily with some interesting folks and listening to their opinions. Yesterday was no different.

To protect the insane and potentially dangerous I'll call the particular man Mr. Instant Coffee. (I should have known he would be slightly off-kilter when he was okay with drinking instant coffee. Yuck). Here is our basic conversation while he sat and enjoyed his microwaved brew.


Mr. Instant Coffee: You know there are only two people in this world. Extroverts and introverts. Extroverts spend their time looking at tv and looking at people. Introverts spend their time looking into themselves.

Me: I thought extroverts were social people and introverts were more shy.

Mr. IC: That too.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. IC: You wouldn't by chance be a mother?

Me: Umm....no. Why?

Mr. IC: You just seem very mature for your age.

Me: Well, I am 26.

Mr. IC: That's a haunting age for me. I had a friend kill herself at 26.

Me: Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that.

Mr. IC: Well, people knew she was suicidal and didn't stop her. So she was basically murdered.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr IC: People that drive white vehicles have black hearts and are greedy.

Me: That's an interesting theory.

Mr. IC: I like to share what I know with people.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucky me.
This glimpse into my life was brought to you by Bud Light. Because after that shift I definitely needed quite a few of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment